This week is National infertility Awareness Week (April 24-30, 2016) and the theme this year is #startasking. There are so many things you can do to get involved! Here are a few things you can do to help.
- your OB/GYN or healthcare provider to talk about YOUR reproductive health
- the media to cover infertility and the real challenges we all face
- those who have resolved their infertility to stay involved
- for affordable care for treatment of a disease
- friends and family to support you
Having an open dialogue about infertility has made my journey much easier. I've had several women reach out to me after reading my blog or listening to Sarah's Laughter podcast who are walking in their own infertility journey and needed a voice and helping hand. I encourage everyone to reach out. If not to me, to someone. You don't have to do this alone! Go check out Resolve.org for more information on this super amazing infertility awareness campaign.